Sexto del Ocaso
La Coppermind tiene spoilers de todos los trabajos publicados de Brandon, incluyendo El metal perdido y Trenza de mar Esmeralda (Proyecto Secreto Uno). La información sobre libros que aún no se han publicado (como las novelas secretas que se publicarán en 2023 y El archivo de las tormentas 5) está permitida sólo en las páginas de los propios libros. Para ver una visión anterior de la wiki sin spoilers de uno de estos dos libros, ve a nuestra Máquina del Tiempo
|Sexto del Ocaso|
por Jorge Jacinto
|Localización||First of the Sun, Cosmere|
|Fecha original||June 30, 2014|
|Número de Palabras||17,794|
Sixth of the Dusk is a cosmere novella by Brandon Sanderson set on the planet First of the Sun. The novella was created as part of the Writing Excuses podcast, where Brandon, Dan Wells, Howard Tayler, and Mary Robinette Kowal each brainstormed a story, and gave feedback to each other. These stories were released together as Shadows Beneath, which detailed the process of taking the drafts they each wrote, and editing them with the feedback given.
An excerpt is available on Brandon's website.
The complete novella is also now included in Arcanum Unbounded.
- Sixth of the Dusk
- A trapper working on the island of Patji. He knows much about Aviar, is very practical, and mistrusts people from the mainland. He both loves and hates Patji.
- A capable noblewoman with a thirst for exploration. She was educated on the mainland and travels with a band of explorers. She meets occasionally with the Ones Above. While she respects trappers, she supports technological advancements.
- An Aviar - a cognitively-gifted bird who can shield Sixth's cognitive markers so other animals that track cognitive signals cannot find him.
- An Aviar - a cognitively-gifted bird who can warn Sixth of the Dusk of danger by showing him visions of his own corpse in locations where it might be if he makes a mistake, so that he can avoid those places. Sak is not a member of a species native to Patji or any island of the Pantheon. Sak was instead brought from the mainland to the place on Patji where Aviar go to get their talent, or cognitive ability.
- Ones Above
- A spacefaring race that have visited First of the Sun and possess advanced technology.
This book takes place in the cosmere, on a planet known as First of the Sun. Most of the story takes place on and around Patji, the largest island in an archipelago called The Pantheon. Patji is considered the father of the islands of the Pantheon, being the largest and the one that all Aviar must go to to get their talent. It is treacherous, with creatures such as Meekers, which are mice that can be trained to harm others, trees that attract different animals so after they kill each other their soil is made rich from the blood of the dead, and nightmaws, which are terrifying birdlike creatures which hunt by finding somebody's cognitive signals.
Sixth of the Dusk takes place chronologically near the end of the stories set in the cosmere, sometime during the space travel sequence.
Note: the Postscript is found in Arcanum Unbounded, a collection of Cosmere stories.
The events of this story occur farthest down the timeline of any of the stories included in Arcanum Unbounded. It was brainstormed on Season 8: Episode 16 of Writing Excuses, and is set on a new planet in the cosmere, First of the Sun. The setting is inspired by Brandon's fascination with Polynesian culture. A sequel is currently being written.
Sixth of the Dusk consists of 17,794 words from the PoV of Sixth of the Dusk.
|Sexto del Ocaso (Primero del Sol)|
|Personajes||Sexto del Ocaso · Vathi · Primero del Cielo|
|Lugares||Panteón (Patji · Sori) · Islas Eelakin · Continente|
|Magia||Patji · Aviar (Sak · Kokerlii) · Ojo de Patji|
|Grupos||Compañía Comercial Intereses Norteños · Venidos de Arriba|