La Coppermind tiene spoilers de todos los trabajos publicados de Brandon, incluyendo El Hombre Iluminado y Desafiante. La información sobre libros que aún no se han publicado (como El archivo de las tormentas 5) está permitida sólo en las páginas de los propios libros. Para ver una visión anterior de la wiki sin spoilers de uno de estos libros, ve a nuestra Máquina del Tiempo
por Hayley Lazo
|Alcatraz Versus the Evil Librarians (series)
Silimatic technologies use glass made from different types of sand to produce differing effects. Silimatic glass can be used by anyone, but lenses can only be used by Oculators. Alcatraz Smedry has drawn parallels between Silimatic technologies and Smedry Talents in the past. He has also been able to increase the power of various Silimatic technologies.
All types of Silimatic technology are made originally out of sand.
- Brightsand is one of the most common types of sand. It lets off a glow that causes other types of sand, or glass, to do strange things. Brightsand powers most silimatic technology.
- Dullsand is one of the only types of sand that don't do anything. The librarians have gone to great lengths to cover beaches in it to make sand seem common and boring, and thus of little value. It is possible that non-Silimatic glass is made of dullsand.
Types of glass include the following:
- Alivener's Glass
- Also known as Glass of Alivening, Alivener's Glass can create Alivened by storing part of a Dark Oculator's humanity, making the Dark Oculator less humane in the process.
- Builder's Glass
- Builder's Glass is used as a building material. It is not as strong as Restoring Glass.
- Communicator's Glass
- When broken in half, Communicator's Glass allows communication between the two pieces for 20 days. Usually, both halves must be activated in order to allow for communication.. In extreme cases, this glass can communicate one way with ordinary glass, and it can also be set to transmit one way.
- Defender's Glass
- Defender's Glass protects structures that are inside it. It is extremely strong.
- Detonator's Glass
- Detonator's Glass explodes. It can be set to go off within a certain area.
- Enforcer's Glass
- Enforcer's Glass is impossible to break, even with a Smedry Talent. It is used to make handcuffs.
- Expander's Glass
- Expander's Glass allows the inside of a structure or object built within it to be bigger than its outside. It is deep lavender in color. It is very difficult to break, even with a Talent.
- Grappler's Glass
- Grappler's Glass clings to other surfaces, influencing gravity. It is used on the bottoms of boots to enable people to walk up surfaces. It supports the whole body instead of only fixing the foot in place. It is often used by Alcatraz to walk on Silimatic vehicles such as the Hawkwind and the Dragonaut.
- Inhibitor's Glass
- Inhibitor's Glass stops those touching it from using Silimatic technology or Smedry Talents. It may have been used by librarians to stop messaging to and from Tuki Tuki.
- Illuminator's Glass
- Illuminator's Glass is an uncanonical name for the glass used to illuminate the trunk of clothes Alcatraz was trying on.
- Messenger's Glass
- Messenger's Glass is used as a means of communication. The Librarians destroyed Mokia's supply of Messenger's Glass.
- Orientation Glass
- Orientation Glass influences the direction of gravity. It is used inside vehicles that might get upside-down.
- Protective Glass
- Protective Glass emits a protective field capable of stopping a full Crystin punch. The exact name of this glass type is unknown.
- Rebuilder's Glass
- Recognizer's Glass
- Reinforcer's Glass
- Restoring Glass
- Restoring Glass easily shatters at the touch of an Oculator, but restores itself when the Oculator moves away from it. It is incredibly strong otherwise. It is black in color.
- Sentinel's Glass
- Shielder's Glass
- Snarer's Glass
- Snarer's Glass is used for traps. However, each square can only be triggered one time.
- Transporter's Glass
- Transporter's Glass is used in pairs. When activated at the exact same time, it can instantly swap the locations of two objects, usually glass boxes, that have exactly same size. If more than two identically sized transporter's boxes are activated at the same time, the occupants would be killed.
Oculators Powering Silimatic Technology
During his time in Nalhalla, Alcatraz discovers that Oculators can power Silimatic technology without brightsand. The amount of brightsand required to power it, though, correlates to how much of the Oculator's power is used.
- Alcatraz contra los bibliotecarios malvados capítulo 3#
- This rule does not seem to apply to Alcatraz
- El Talento Oscuro capítulo 1#
- Los Caballeros de Cristalia capítulo 3#
- Los Caballeros de Cristalia capítulo 13#
- Alcatraz contra los bibliotecarios malvados capítulo 17#
- Alcatraz contra los bibliotecarios malvados capítulo 4#
- Alcatraz contra los bibliotecarios malvados capítulo 19#
- Las Lentes Fragmentadas capítulo No!#
- El Talento Oscuro capítulo Bob#
- Los Caballeros de Cristalia capítulo 5#
- El Talento Oscuro capítulo Trillian#
- Los Caballeros de Cristalia capítulo 14#