Alcatraz contra los bibliotecarios malvados (saga)
La Coppermind tiene spoilers de todos los trabajos publicados de Brandon. La información sobre libros que aún no se han publicado, como las novelas secretas que se publicarán en 2023, está permitida solo en páginas muy específicas. Para obtener más detalles, consulta nuestra política de spoilers. Para ver una versión anterior de la wiki sin spoilers de un libro, ve a Máquina del tiempo
Alcatraz Versus the Evil Librarians, also referred to as Alcatraz or Alcatraz Versus, is a middle-grade series by Brandon Sanderson. It currently consists of 5 books told from the point of view of Alcatraz Smedry, a young boy and heir to House Smedry.
The first four books were originally published by Scholastic, one a year between 2007 and 2010. Scholastic would only agree to publish the first four books, not wishing to publish a fifth book with the Big Reveal which would then lead to a concluding sixth book written by Alcatraz's bodyguard. Brandon bought back the rights to the series and sold them to Tor, who agreed to publish all six books. The first four books were republished with new art during the first half of 2016. The fifth book, The Dark Talent, was then published in September 2016.
|2007||Alcatraz Versus the Evil Librarians||#1||Novel|
|2008||The Scrivener's Bones||#2||Novel|
|2009||The Knights of Crystallia||#3||Novel|
|2010||The Shattered Lens||#4||Novel|
|2016||The Dark Talent||#5||Novel|
|2022||Bastille Versus the Evil Librarians||#6||Novel||Coauthored by Janci Patterson|
The end-node to The Dark Talent includes a letter penned by Bastille, in which she states that there would an additional book written from her perspective in order to tie up everything properly. The title for the final book is Bastille Versus the Evil Librarians. Brandon had some trouble getting Bastille's voice right, so he reached out to his long-time friend and former student, Janci Patterson, who agreed to help with the book. The book is now set to release in September 2022.
- ALCATRAZ VERSUS THE EVIL LIBRARIANS (Scholastic, 2007; Tor, 2016)
- ALCATRAZ VERSUS THE SCRIVENER’S BONES (Scholastic, 2008; Tor, 2016)
- ALCATRAZ VERSUS THE KNIGHTS OF CRYSTALLIA (Scholastic, 2009; Tor, 2016)
- ALCATRAZ VERSUS THE SHATTERED LENS (Scholastic, 2010; Tor, 2016)
- ALCATRAZ VERSUS THE DARK TALENT (Tor, 2016)
- Film rights for series under option to Dreamworks
- Audio rights (entire series) to Recorded Books
- German rights (entire series) to Heyne
- Chinese rights (entire series; complex) to Crown
- French rights (Books #1-4) to Mango
- Portugese rights (Brazil; Books #1-2) to Saraiva
- Romanian rights (Book #1) to Editura Corint Junior
- Russian rights (Book #1) to EKSMO
- Spanish rights (Book #1) to Via Magna
- Thai rights (entire series) to Rueanpanya
- Book #1 Featured on Nancy Pearl’s NPR Morning Show
- Book #1 a Book Sense Winter 2007-2008 Children’s Pick
- Book #1 nominated for Golden Sower Award, Nebraska’s Children’s Choice Book Award, Hawaii’s Nene Award, North Carolina’s Battle of the *Books, and Florida's Sunshine State Young Reader's Award.